UK Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa
The Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa is for ministers of religion, missionaries or other members of religious orders who have been offered employment within their faith communities in the UK.
Who Can Apply?
Suitable pastoral duties for the Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa include:
- leading worship and religious services.
- providing religious instruction to children and adults by teaching or preaching.
- offering support and counselling to members of the congragation.
- conducting weddings, funerals and other religious ceremonies.
Working as a teacher in a school run by a religious organisation is not suitable employment for a Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa and those who wish to teach is such organisations will need to obtain a Tier 2 General Visa
Bringing Your Family to the UK
You can bring your immediate family members, such as your husband, wife or partner and your dependant children, to the UK for the duration of your visa. If you are already in the UK then they can apply to join you here. This requires that the relationship can be evidenced and there are also further Maintenance requirements to ensure that you can afford to maintain yourself and your family when you come to the UK.
In order to Sponsor someone from outside the EEA for a Tier 2 Minister of Relgion visa you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Register as a Sponsor with the UK Border Agency and obtain a Sponsor Licence.
- Undertake a Labour Market Test to evidence that you are unable to find someone suitable within the EEA.
- Obtain and correctly assign a Certificate of Sponsorship to the employee.