UK Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa
The Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa provides the right to live and work in the UK for those who are recognised or emerging leaders in the fields of science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts.
There are limits on the number of visas that can be sponsored each year within this visa category.
This visa category has been heavily under-utilised and there are plenty of endorsements available for suitable applicants who present their applications correctly.
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa Requirements
In order to qualify for a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa you must first obtain an endorsement from the relevant body for your field of expertise. This can be a complex process and requires specific evidence to be provided.
You should be able to demonstrate one or all of the following qualifying criteria:
- Significant technical, commercial or entrepreneurial experience in your sector.
- Recognition as a leader or emerging leader in your field of expertise, whose work has contributed to the advancement of that sector.
- Significant and ongoing training and development of your particular skills throughout your career.
- Achievement of recognised awards, published research, peer recognition or similar, including providing training, mentoring or advisory work.
- A proven track record of innovation and achievement in your field of expertise.
Once you have successfully been endorsed by the relevant body for your field of expertise you can submit an application to the Home Office for your Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa.
Bringing Your Family to the UK
You can bring your immediate family members, such as your husband, wife or partner and your dependant children, to the UK for the duration of your visa. If you are already in the UK then they can apply to join you here. This requires that the relationship can be evidenced and there are also further Maintenance requirements to ensure that you can afford to maintain yourself and your family when you come to the UK.
Your family members will have the right to work for any employer and your children will be able to attend school and use the National Health Service.