There have been significant recent changes to the Shortage Occupations List, whereby ALL roles in the following occupation codes are considered shortage occupations and thus are quicker to action, with no Resident Labour Market Test requirement:
– Biological Scientists and Biochemists.
– Civil Engineers.
– Mechanical Engineers.
– Electrical Engineers.
– Electronics Engineers.
– Design and Development Engineers.
– Production and Process Engineers.
– IT Business Analysts, Architects and Systems Designers.
– Programmers and Software Development Professionals.
– Web Design and Development Professionals.
– Medical Practioners.
– Medical Radiographers.
– Occupational Therapists.
– Speech and Language Therapists.
– Nurses. – Architects.
– Quantity Surveyors.
– Social Workers.
– Quality Control and Planning Engineers.
– Arts Officers, Producers and Directors.
– Graphic Designers.
There are other roles that are shortage occupations for Tier 2 General and it is notable that rule that stopped restaurants who also happened to offer a takeaway service from sponsoring skilled chefs has finally been removed. The roles must still be at or above RQF Level 6.
This represents a significant relaxation in the requirements for sponsorsing non-EU workers and perhaps EU workers in the near future? Good news for those holding a Sponsor Licence!