HSMP - UK Highly Skilled Migrant Program
HSMP (UK Highly Skilled Migrant Programme)is an extremely popular points-based visa, allowing independent immigration to the UK for Highly Skilled Migrant Workers.
- With the UK HSMP Visa you can interview with potential employers safe in the knowledge that you already have the right to work.
- From 12 April 2005 there has been a new provision within the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme for some MBA graduates, effectively giving you full qualifying points towards your HSMP application. This is enough on its own to give approval and the new HSMP scheme announced on 7 November 2006 includes the same MBA provision. Find out more about the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme MBA Provision.
- According to ILPA, Work Permits (UK) approved only 44% of applications in January 2005. Our Professional Services can help you avoid the most common mistakes that are made.
On 7 November 2006, Work Permits (UK) HSMP criteria were significantly changed:
- The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme qualifying score was increased to 75 points.
- A wider range of points were made available for the applicants age at the time of application .
- Further points were made available for education, past earnings and UK experience.
- English language ability to at least IELTS Level 6 was made an absolute requirement.
- Previously available points for work experience, senior or specialist experience, significant achievements and spouse were removed.
- There were significant changes made to the HSMP Extension process. Extension applications for HSMP must now meet the same criteria as new HSMP applications. You can assess your HSMP Extension by using our Points Calculator.
Applications are made up of 2 equally important parts:
- Assessing a correct amount of points towards the application.
- Ensuring that the supporting documents are provided and say the right things. This requires in depth knowledge of what Work Permits (UK) actually need to see from an application and, more importantly, how to phrase it, in order to make a successful application.
We have designed a UK HSMP Points Calculator which will ask a few basic questions and let you know how many points you might score. If you would like a free assessment for HSMP by one of our UK Immigration Specialists then simply upload your CV during this process. We will let you know if you qualify for the Highly Skilled Migrant Program and then help you make a successful application.