China Immigration

X Visa - Study or Training

An X Visa is issued to individuals who visit China for the purposes of:

This visa is suitable for a period of six months or more. If the period is less than six months, an F visa would be appropriate.

Visas are generally issued in 30-day increments for a period between six months to one year and a half after entry.

The applicant must submit the following documents to the closest Chinese Consulate or Embassy with jurisdiction over their place of residence:

Applicant may then retrieve their passport after approximately 1 to 2 days (expedited times apply, however, vary with the embassy/consulate concerned).

Immigration, Work Permit and Visa Services