China Immigration

D Visa - Permanent Residence (Residence, Work or Business)

The D Visa can be issued for Residence, Work or Business and can have a duration of 5 or 10 years, renewable indefinitely.

Foreign nationals who wish to apply must fall under one of the following categories:

  1. Family members of Chinese nationals, such as children and spouses (spouses must be married for a minimum of approximately 5 years)
  2. Individuals who make a large direct investment in China for three consecutive years
  3. Individuals who make outstanding contributions to China's development or are considered by the Chinese government to be critical to the needs of the country
  4. Individuals who have held a high-level position and have resided in China for three of the past four years, in a business which promotes the country's economic, scientific and technological development or social progress

For Item 2, the minimum level of investment is defined as follows:

Successful applicants will be granted a 5- or 10- year residence permit in China, which may be renewed indefinitely. This will allow them to freely reside, enter, and exit China during the period of validity.

Immigration, Work Permit and Visa Services